Join Our Team!
The Nebraska Grain and Feed Association (NeGFA) is seeking an administrative assistant responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of daily office tasks, processing accounts payable, and scheduling and coordinating logistics for association staff and member programs. The administrative assistant will work with the Executive Vice President and interfaces with the Board of Directors and members.
Daily Office Tasks
- Greet visitors and callers, route and resolve information requests
- Manage day to day office needs: phones, mail, correspondence
- Maintain & curate paper records, electronic files and databases
- Schedule & coordinate logistics for appointments, board meetings and membership programs
- Type correspondence, compile data for expense and statistical reports.
- Ordering and organizing office supplies and equipment
- Compile, track and bill for annual membership dues, advertisers and sponsors, event registrations
- Assist with promoting and coordinating association events, meetings and workshops
- Coordinate with Executive Vice President the publication of the annual directory
- Attend board meetings and summer convention to report on activities
- Serve as staff liaison with various association committees
Individual needs to have related office work experience. Experience working for a board is a plus. Knowledge of or interest in learning about the grain and feed industry is desired. Limited in-state travel is possible. A minimum of a high school diploma is required for this position. Background in HR or accounting would be helpful.
- Office Equipment Skills: Experience with postage meter, copier, folder, transferring calls
- Computer Skills: Database Entry, QuickBooks Accounting, Microsoft Office, GSuite
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel occasionally for board meetings and member events.
Compensation & Term
The pay is $15.00 hourly. The position is part-time with a schedule of 30 hours per week between the hours of 8:30 am to 3 pm with a half hour lunch or 8 am to 3 pm with an hour lunch.
Qualified candidates should email resume and cover letter to Kristi Block with NeGFA Administrative Assistant Application in the subject line. Her email address is email@example.com.
Resume and cover letter due to Nebraska Grain and Feed Association
by Midnight on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work. This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required. The administrative assistant may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities.