The Association is committed to promoting safety and health in the workplace. Nebraska’s grain, feed and processing facilities all fall under emphasis programs by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We work with our colleagues to provide programs and educational programs to help our members foster a culture of safety and stay knowledge of rules and regulations to protect their employees.
Based on these programs, inspections will primarily focus on the six major hazard areas of engulfment, falls, auger entanglement, struck by, combustible dust explosions and electrocution.
National Grain and Feed Association has published a variety of Safety Tips:
- Preparing Bins for Harvest
- Vehicle Struck-By
- Combustible Dust and OSHA Housekeeping Requirements
- Bulk Material Storage and Handling
- Dust Suppression Techniques
- Lockout/Tagout & Energy Isolation
- Lifting, Rigging, and Hoisting