This one-day hands-on workshop will provide attendees an opportunity to actively participate in live engulfment exercises. The engulfment training places a strong emphasis on entrapment prevention and safe work practices. There are no prerequisites to participate.
- Become aware of the hazards of flowing grain and confined spaces, allowing them to work safer and prevent grain entrapment.
- Meet the OSHA training requirements for OSHA 1910.272 (Grain Handling Standard), qualifying them to work around flowing grain.
- Be qualified to make bin entries, be a bin entry attendant and be part of a rescue team.
- Be able to retrieve an incapacitated worker from a confined space without making a confined space entry.
- Actively participate in a live engulfment / rescue scenario in a controlled environment.
- Actively participate as part of a grain bin entry team and practice the non-entry rescue of an incapacitated worker.
The workshop will be instructed by the Safety & Technical Rescue Association (SATRA). Cost covers materials, meals and breaks. Limited to the first 40 registered participants.
8:00 am Group 1: Engulfment Training
Group 2: Confined Space Entry
12:00 pm Lunch
12:30 pm Group 1: Confined Space Entry
Group 2: Engulfment Training
5:00 pm Adjourn