FMCSA Extended Again
Reminder: the FMCSA Emergency Relief Declaration which was set to expire on Dec. 31, has been extended to Feb. 28, 2021.FMCSA EMERGENCY RELIEF DECLARATION (2020-002 under 49 CFR and 390.25)
This extension until February 28, 2021 includes the same regulatory relief for motor carriers and drivers providing direct assistance in support of relief efforts related to COVID-19, as included in the Sept. 11 modified and extended declaration. The primary change with this current declaration is the inclusion of vaccine transportation.
The expanded declaration is limited to the transportation of:
- Livestock and livestock feed;
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19;
- Vaccines, constituent products, and medical supplies and equipment including ancillary supplies/kits for the administration of vaccines, related to the prevention of COVID-19;
- Supplies and equipment necessary for community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19 such as masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and disinfectants, and;
- Food, paper products and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores.